- parent: Advocacy/North America
- category: Category:Advocacy
Below is a list of advocacy/activism organizations in the United States. For international organizations (in Canada, Mexico, and places other than North America), see Advocacy.
There are many organizations advocating for electoral reform in the United States. Among those:
- Center for Election Science, The (electionmethods.org)- promotes Approval voting
- Equal Vote Coalition (equal.vote) - promotes STAR voting
- FairVote (fairvote.org) - promotes IRV, renamed to RCV between 2004 and 2013
- Ranked Choice Voting Center (rankedchoicevoting.org) - also promotes IRV
- Open Primaries
The taxonomy below divides each of the 50 states in the United States by the timezone of the capital city:
- Advocacy/United States/Eastern
- Advocacy/United States/Central
- see also: Mountain United States
- Regions and territories
History and current environmentEdit
FairVote has been advocating IRV and STV since 1992, and is currently the largest voting reform organization in the US. The Center for Election Science (CES) implemented its first Approval voting ballot measure in 2018. The Equal Vote Coalition narrowly lost a ballot measure for STAR voting in 2018, and is trying again in 2020.