- parent Help:Contents
This page (Help:About) tries describes electowiki in the most basic possible terms.
electowiki is a wiki which tries to make a plethora of electoral systems more understandable for advocates of electoral reform. It has existed since 2005, and still enjoys frequent updates. We attempt to learn from online discussions in a number of forums, helping new participants more quickly get up to speed, and summarize the conclusions of many different discussions.
- main articles: Project:About electowiki, Project:History, and Help:Contents
Ever since its foundation in 2005, the community of editors of this wiki have served two roles:
- Passionate advocates for electoral reform
- Believers in open and honest discussion about electoral systems
As a result, even though this website looks a lot like Wikipedia, we don't pretend to have a dispassionate "neutral point of view" (or NPOV) that Wikipedia strives for. That said, you might find that the "electowiki point of view" (or EPOV) is very similar.
We encourage you to edit the site. Though it's possible to edit electowiki "anonymously", when you edit, your IP address is revealed. Because of that, we recommend that you sign up for an account, and help us edit electowiki!
electowiki has a long history, divided into two phases which you can read more about in these two pages:
- Project:About Electorama wiki - this page describes the first phase (from 2005 until 2018 or so)
- Project:About electowiki phase (2018-now) - this page describes the website you are on right now. Read this page to learn about the transition to the current phase of electowiki development