Equal Vote Coalition
- parent: Organizations
The Equal Vote Coalition is a 501(c)(3) advocacy organization that promotes STAR voting as well as a number of other reforms for various situations. Their early work was primarily around Oregon but other chapters soon formed around the United States. At present they have efforts in Canada and engage with researchers around the world.
The Equal Vote Coalition's mission is to promote true equality in the vote itself. They stress the equality criterion, which requires that for every ballot that one voter casts, there exists an equal and opposite ballot that cancels it out.
The organization evolved out of the Unified Primary campaign, which promoted non-partisan approval voting primaries with a top-two runoff.
See their website at https://www.equal.vote
(http://equal.vote if you get an error trying to go to https://equal.vote )
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ "About The Equal Vote Coalition". Equal Vote Coalition. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
- ↑ "Coalition". Equal Vote Coalition. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
- ↑ "Chapters". STAR Voting. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
- ↑ "The Equal Vote". Equal Vote Coalition. Retrieved 2021-01-21.
- ↑ "What is an Equal Vote?". STAR Voting. Retrieved 2021-01-21.