(copied from https://electowiki.org/w/index.php?title=Total_approval_chain_climbing&oldid=15829 , the Total approval chain climbing page ):
Total Score chain climbing
Total Score chain climbing (TSCC) is a Condorcet completion method using an score-component. The motivation is to reduce burial incentive.It works as follows:
1. Sort the candidates by increasing total score.
2. Starting with an empty "chain of candidates", consider each candidate in the above order and do a pairwise comparison: for each ballot:
- determine the maximum score in the "chain of candidates" for this individual ballot
- if the candidate has a higher score then this maximum score count this as a win,
- if the candidate has the same or a lower score then this maximum score count this as a loss
3. If there are more wins then losses add the candidate to the top of the chain.4. The last added candidate wins.