2018-09-19 note from RobLa[edit source]
I've set up https://electowiki.org as a domain that points here. https://wiki.electorama.com still exists, but we'll gradually deprecate it as the content settles in over here. Elements of wiki.electorama.com will remain over at a static site at electorama.com.
2018-09-01 note from Psephomancy[edit source]
This is a mirror of Electowiki, for trying out Miraheze hosting.
The original is at https://wiki.electorama.com/wiki/Main_Page
- Encoding errors have been fixed (old vs new)
- Broken images have been resurrected
- Some images have been switched to use Wikimedia Commons (Example)
- Some spam deleted
- VisualEditor enabled
- The Wikipedia feature that automatically generates references from URL/ISBN/DOI does not exist here, but you can use Wikipedia's VisualEditor to generate it, and then copy and paste the reference to this VisualEditor.
- Graph extension enabled (Example)
- Math works (old vs new)
- Interwiki links to Wikipedia work: w:Election
- Added icons to Wikipedia interwiki links (not sure if good idea): Oregon
- Some interwiki templates work (Example)
- Imported some templates and their styles from Wikipedia: Example
- YouTube videos can be embedded (Example)
- Image annotations are enabled (Example)
Any changes to the original after 2018-08-26 are not included here (but those edits are just redirecting to the new domain anyway).
Both wikis are licensed under CC BY-SA.
Edit histories imported from the old wiki contain names like
imported>RobLa instead of
RobLa, though user pages were imported, too. So you can take a user like
imported>Username and visit that user's page at https://electowiki.org/wiki/User:Username . Hopefully this meets the criteria for attribution required by the CC BY license.
We will modify the edit histories to link directly to user pages if that becomes possible in the future. See https://phabricator.miraheze.org/T3624
2005 original "About" page[edit source]
Electowiki was launched by Dan Keshet on January 26, 2005, as a new free-content wiki dedicated to discussing election-methods related material. This wiki is intended first and foremost for the email@example.com and Electorama community. The site is administered by Dan Keshet and Rob Lanphier. For more information about why this resource was created (i.e. why not just use Wikipedia?) as well as other information, see the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) list.