(Redirected from Voting Theorists)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is a partial list of persons who significantly contributed to the development of voting theory.
- Kenneth Arrow- Discoverer of Arrow's impossibility theorem
- Duncan Black- Discoverer of Black's theorem.
- Jean-Charles de Borda- A discoverer of the Borda count
- Steven Brams- The leading intellectual proponent of approval voting
- Marquis de Condorcet- A discoverer of the Condorcet method
- Peter Fishburn- A leading proponent of approval voting. He and Brams commonly work together.
- Allan Gibbard- A discoverer of the Gibbard-Satterthwaite theorem.
- Thomas Hare- Discoverer of single transferable vote.
- Ramon Llull- A discoverer of the Borda count and Condorcet method.
- Mark Satterthwaite- A discoverer of the Gibbard-Satterthwaite theorem.
- Donald Saari- A leading intellectual proponent of the Borda count.
- Robert Weber- The scholar who coined the term approval voting.