Toby Nixon is an American politician in Washington state. Nixon is serving as a member of the Kirkland City Council from Position 4 since 2012. Nixon is a former Republican member of Washington House of Representatives, representing the 45th district from 2002 to 2007.
He was appointed to a vacant House seat in 2002, and was elected as an incumbent in 2004. He served on the House Committee for State Government Operations and Accountability as a ranking member, and is known for his advocacy on behalf of open government. He also served on the Technology, Energy and Communications Committee and the Transportation Committee.
In the spring of 2006, Nixon announced that he would not be a candidate for re-election but instead that he would be running for the Washington State Senate seat being vacated by retiring Senator Bill Finkbeiner. In November 2006, Nixon lost the race to Eric Oemig.
In November 2009, Nixon was elected with 65% of the vote to serve on the King County Fire Protection District No. 41.
- City of Kirkland http://www.kirklandwa.gov/depart/council/Meet_The_Council/Council_Member_Toby_Nixon.htm
- King County Elections http://your.kingcounty.gov/elections/pamphlet/pamphlet.aspx?cid=17283&eid=1214
- "Toby Nixon's Biography". Vote Smart. Retrieved September 5, 2021.
- The News Tribune http://www.thenewstribune.com/2009/12/29/1010118/one-man-one-year-78000-pages-of.html
- Seattle Pi http://www.seattlepi.com/local/sound/article/Annexation-Kirkland-population-could-nearly-890399.php