This is the discussion page (the "Talk:" page) for the page named "Voting links". Please use this page to discuss the topic described in the corresponding page in the main namespace (i.e. the "Voting links" page here on electowiki), or visit Help:Talk to learn more about talk pages.
Websites[edit | edit source]
User:RobLa I actually wanted to eventually go through the "Websites" section and move all those links under more descriptive headings because "Websites" is so vague of a category. — Psephomancy (talk) 01:52, 18 April 2020 (UTC)
- Hmm....I agree with you that "Website" is a vague category name (and "Web page" is even worse). But I think we're going to have to endure some vagueness until someone proposes a better taxonomy for the links in that section. I just noticed that Wikipedia uses "Category:Websites", and then the categories below are not "MECE" (mutually exclusive, collectively exhaustive). I have more ideas, but just ping me in one of the usual spots (e.g. on CES's Discord server) and we can sort things out. -- RobLa (talk) 02:13, 18 April 2020 (UTC)
Shuffling[edit | edit source]
It seems to me that this page is long overdue for splitting up into several pages and better organization. @Psephomancy: had planned to do some more work on this page a couple of years ago, which I may have been guilty of discouraging. Here's a closer look at some of the incremental things that need to occur:
- Rename "Voting links#Websites" section title of the "Voting links" article to a new section title: "#Links"
- Move the links from the "Voting links#Discussion groups" to the "Forum" article
- Move the links from the "Voting links#Polling sites" section to the existing "Online poll" article
- Move the links from the "Voting links#Software" section to the existing "Software" article
- Create an election data page from the "Voting links#Election data" section