User talk:Aldo Tragni
Let me know on my talk page if there's anything I can help with, if you know of any deleted articles on Wikipedia that could be resurrected here, etc. There's a To do list if you're looking for something to help with.
This runs on Mediawiki, so it has a lot of the same features as Wikipedia, but is missing a few (like automatic citation generation) and has a few that Wikipedia doesn't (like support for inline YouTube videos). Images from Wikimedia Commons can be used directly without needing to be uploaded.
The wiki is 14 years old and has never had a ton of activity, so the goals/policies were never really solidified. Your input is welcome, especially on how to handle the separation of biased advocacy from neutral informative content (which are both welcome). See Electowiki:The caucus for the discussion topics and Electowiki:Policy. — Psephomancy (talk) 03:37, 5 February 2020 (UTC)
DSV procedure.jpg[edit source]
Hi, why have you uploaded multiple versions of the same image? Is one meant to replace another? If so, you should upload the newer versions to the same filename as the older version and they will replace it. See the link that says "Upload a new version of this file".
- I haven't seen the "Upload a new version of this file" feature. Yes, delete all old versions. User:Aldo Tragni
- Now you can see the two versions of the file at https://electowiki.org/wiki/File:DSV_procedure.jpg#filehistory — Psephomancy (talk) 20:16, 8 February 2020 (UTC)
By the way, if you have any kind of "source code" for your images, it would be helpful to include, so that other people can make similar images more easily. Whether an .SVG file or just describe what program you used to make them, etc. — Psephomancy (talk) 06:01, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- Yes,can you make some images for other high end systems? My suggestion would be Reweighted Range Voting, Sequential Monroe voting and Sequential Phragmen --188.8.131.52 06:29, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- I am currently busy and I doubt that I can make images for other voting systems too. In general I prefer the IRV type systems because in the RRV type systems it seems to me that only a part of the weight of the vote is used (at the end of the voting the weight of one vote could be 0,2 while that of another 0,8). Aldo Tragni (talk) 08:58, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- I don't use codes to make images; they are feasible with any program that works on vector images (also opensource). They may seem complex but in reality I have only used texts, lines, rectangles, and circles (created a voting slip, the rest is a copy-paste, move, resize). Aldo Tragni (talk) 08:58, 12 February 2020 (UTC)
- This (to the right) is a better style for Electowiki, thinner and with a little red color (recalls the site title color). I used Helvetica as a font.